Volunteers Needed for SVNA Hospice
Our hospice volunteers are compassionate individuals dedicated to providing support and care to patients at the end of life and grieving families. Volunteers are trained by a very special group of caring individuals who approach their job with skill and grace. Volunteers offer companionship and support by providing services such as reading to patients, talking with them, or just holding their hands.
How to know if you’d be a good hospice volunteer:
- You are willing to participate in our training program
- You are flexible and willing to give an hour or two each week to a hospice patient or to our program
- You have a love for life and enjoy listening to others
- You have an abundance of kindness and patience, regardless of the situation that arises
Hospice volunteers play an indispensable role in enabling hospice to offer the best care possible for patients living with life-limiting illness, their families and caregivers. By sharing their time, energy, and expertise, our volunteers bring compassion and caring to the lives of those in need.
Our volunteers are trained in the hospice philosophy ensuring that this program has roots deep in the community.
As a volunteer you could:
- Be there to hold a hand, and listen
- Take a patient to their favorite place or park
- Read to a patient, or help them write a letter
- Assist with errands, such as walking a dog, or grocery shopping
- Provide organization support in our hospice office
Volunteers can step in when a family member needs a break. And they are there to provide support for family and friends after their loved one has passed away.
Invariably, volunteering is about helping others and having a positive impact on another’s well-being. Our hospice volunteers have a meaningful impact on the patients they care for, and the families that they serve. Often our hospice volunteers say that they feel as if they receive so much more than what they give to our patients as they gain a greater sense of self-awareness, a stronger sense of life and love, and a deeper respect for humanity.
Thank you so much for taking the first step in inquiring about becoming a hospice volunteer. To join our team of dedicated and caring volunteers, contact us today.