A Team Approach
Our family-centered approach ensures that patients and their loved ones can fully participate with the SVNA team to develop their own plan of care so that they can focus on what is most important to them.
Our team works hand-in-hand with patients, their families and doctors to provide individually tailored physical care, emotional support, expert pain and symptom management, spiritual support and the expertise of a certified hospice and palliative care physician.
The SVNA hospice team incorporates the patient’s own physician and additional experts including:
- Certified hospice and palliative care medical director
- Certified hospice and palliative care nursing program director
- Experienced and caring registered nurses
- Certified hospice and palliative care social worker
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Hospice aides
- Pastoral caregivers for spiritual support
- Hospice and bereavement volunteers
Members of the care team make regular visits and are available to patients and their families 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.